This week we celebrate 4 years of our public display of affection, this mad love affair. Four years ago, just before Thanksgiving I clicked publish on a blog where I posted the original “i love you, too” flier and invited anyone, anywhere to download the flier, post it and share their “get love. give love.” story.
Well, these four years have flown by and been some of the most magical years in my life. While I spend most of the year feeling like I am behind, like there is more I want to do, wishing for more time to create art, during this anniversary week of reflection I give myself a small pause to realize: love how far we’ve come you and I.
Highlights of this fourth year of loving you include:
- Burning Man 2014 Center Camp Cafe installation
- TEDx Encinitas “get love. give love.” talk
- Maker Faire 2014 where my love for you was in motion
- #HandsUpOnlyLove Dia de los Muertos altar
- Awesome Foundation grant funding the San Francisco zipcode installation
- Becoming an ordained minister and marrying two amazing couples
- AIDS 2014 “What have we lost? What have we gained: installation in Melbourne, Australia
- An interview on a Paris BlogTalkRadio show
- Debut of Mandarin and then love notes
- The 826 Valencia + LoveYou2 #LoveLocalSF collaboration
- Launching the Superhero Hall of Gratitude
I’m am bubbling with anticipation of our next year on this “get love. give love.” journey, practicing what it is like to love and to be loved. I just can’t wait to see what we discover together. With a love like this it is going to be big.
Rumi wrote “Lovers find secret places inside this violent world where they make transactions with beauty.” That secret place is where I will meet you.